Fractional CMO for Home Services Contractors
Grow Faster With a Fractional Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) for your Home Services Business. Let us create, manage and deploy a marketing strategy for both customers and employee recruiting to help you reach your goals faster.
EXPERTISE YOU NEED
Don’t rely on inexperienced marketers to dictate your business’s overall marketing strategy. Bring in a Fractional CMO to provide a comprehensive marketing plan for your business.
COST YOU CAN AFFORD
You don’t need a top-heavy organization with a full-time CMO on staff. A fractional CMO will provide you with the insights and reporting you need—without the high price.
A CMO will lighten your workload by managing all aspects of your company’s marketing department. From vendors to employees, the CMO acts as an executive.
About Jesse Stoddard
I started in business as a fitness professional in my twenties, with over sixteen years of experience as a gym owner, multi-city boot camp owner, and consultant to other fitness pros worldwide. I wrote two books in the fitness industry. I hosted a top-rated fitness niche industry podcast and to my surprise, was once featured in CNN Money Edition. I helped several entrepreneurs become published authors for credibility, authority, and celebrity in their industries by ghost-writing or editing their books.
I was CMO of the number one Crawl Space and Attic Remediation company of the Pacific Northwest in 2017 and helped the Company go from 13.8 Million to 17.8 Million in one year. I founded the Stoddard Agency at the end of that year. I helped dozens of clients significantly increase revenues, profits, customer lifetime value, and lower customer acquisition costs, thereby improving my clients’ businesses and freeing up the entrepreneurs and owners to have life on their terms.
I have a wife, two kids, and a one-eyed dog, and I still do art and improv for fun.
What is a Fractional CMO?
A fractional CMO (sometimes referred to as an outsourced CMO) is a marketing executive serving businesses by leading marketing strategy, sales development, growth opportunities, and heading the marketing department. Businesses use fractional CMO services because they do not need a full-time CMO but still require expert strategy and leadership.
Businesses enjoy the flexibility that a fractional CMO provides. Often, it makes sense to bring in a fractional chief marketing officer as opposed to a full-time CMO. This can be for financial reasons, as a typical full-time CMO salary can cost more than $200,000 per year (Salary.com says the median is $251,230). Or because the work needed to be done by the CMO does not require a full-time position.
Fractional CMO Responsibilities:
- Developing the marketing strategy for both the short-term and long-term.
- Deciding and committing to which marketing strategies are best for your business, such as SEO, content marketing, paid advertising, a podcast, etc.
- Solving marketing problems that will arise and need to be resolved quickly.
- Leading the marketing department and inspiring team members.
- Hiring new employees and building out your team for success.
- Working with outsourced agencies leaning on their experience.
Your Fractional CMO should have a wealth of marketing and managerial experience. Therefore, the Fractional CMO should be the natural leader of the marketing team.
In addition to leadership qualities, the Fractional CMO is to be seen as the c-suite level marketing strategist who helps organizations achieve their marketing goals.
As a Fractional CMO, I will work closely with both your organization’s leadership team and the marketing talent executing the marketing tactics on a day-to-day basis.
Our Fractional CMO Services
- My staff and I help businesses improve their current marketing campaigns through expert marketing strategy and leadership.
- Hire the highest level non-full-time marketing executive, the Fractional CMO.
- Our proprietary methodology, the Functional Marketing® Framework, is proven to improve your current marketing programs, marketing results, and how the marketing team runs from dysfunctional to functional.
- Use metric-driven decision-making and my Fractional CMO expertise to reach your business’s goals.
Why You Need a Fractional CMO
A business needs a Fractional CMO when they require marketing leadership and the expert marketing strategy skills of a CMO but do not need it on a full-time basis.
Reasons a business needs a Fractional CMO:
- Leadership: Your marketing department requires leadership from an experienced marketing professional. In addition to leading the marketing team, a leader (in terms of decision-making) is required.
- Marketing Strategy: Your business needs a comprehensive marketing strategy for your niche and industry—such as a Fractional CMO with years of experience in Crawls Space Remediation Marketing, Attic and Crawl Space Insulation Removal, and Replacement Marketing, not to mention the ancillary services, such as pest control.
- Part-time CMO: You require the skill set of a chief marketing officer, but not for 40 hours per week that a full-time CMO will be. Even if you need a Fractional CMO for only 5 hours per week, or 20, your agreement is flexible.
- Experience: You have staff to execute marketing campaigns, but they lack strategic expertise. Therefore, you need someone who has done it before and can foresee challenges and obstacles.
- Reporting & KPIs: You need to monitor the health and progress of your campaigns and have someone lead weekly KPIs meetings. Namely, so your team has accountability and is always results-focused.
- Optimization: You need to improve marketing campaign optimization by having an expert identify opportunities and new possibilities.
- Efficiency: Your existing marketing team’s efficiency is below optimal. You need leadership and management to maximize efficiency for your marketing department.
- Go-to-market Strategy: You are a startup or are launching a new product or service for your business. You will need a new marketing plan for the short-term and the next few years. Your digital marketing efforts need to be precisely planned out so that your marketers know exactly what to do. Additionally, they need to know what marketing initiatives and key performance indicators are a sign of success.
Growth-focused Marketing Leadership
As a Fractional CMO, my team and I are growth-focused strategic experts. Moreover, profitability in campaigns is crucial to what we understand success with a client to be. This can be done by maximizing the efficiency within your marketing team. Therefore our first 90 days with you as a client will focus on improving the systems and processes within your marketing department.
This is most effectively done via our weekly reporting on marketing KPIs through a scorecard. We will create this, or improve your current one, as an immediate improvement for your marketing department.
As you consider a Fractional CMO for your high-growth business, consider the cost of not having a marketing leader. Additionally, think of the potential gains of having an experienced marketing leader.
Consider the risk you’re taking by having a marketing director or coordinator set your organization’s campaign objectives and success criteria. Odds are, they are under-qualified for the role.
By hiring a fractional CMO, you’re getting the confidence and capabilities your team needs to reach new heights, both in terms of sales and profitability.
- As a part of the CMOX community, we don’t just come with our ideas, but we come with the ability to solve problems at an unparalleled level by utilizing our network of other Fractional CMO’s in a variety of industries. Any experience that we have not had, someone else likely has. If in doubt, we can ask other experienced CMO’s.
- Years of experience have allowed us to curate a powerful list of vendors, strategic partners, agencies, top-level copywriters, technologists, creatives, and a whole host of resources unavailable to most business owners and CEOs. Our “Rolodex” alone is nearly priceless.
Crawl Space Remediation, Insulation Contractor and Pest Control
- Jesse was CMO of the number one Crawl Space and Attic Remediation company of the Pacific Northwest in 2017 and helped the Company go from 13.8 Million to 17.8 Million in one year.
- Managed vendor relationships and budget allocations.
- Developed comprehensive business and marketing plan, built the marketing team, implemented strategies, and helped hire and coordinate with the sales team.
- Helped expand into new cities and territories, coordinated with legal counsel to protect trademarks, and worked with a franchise consultant to present the opportunity for national expansion as a valid option for ownership.
Personal Injury Law Firm
- Helped expand during the difficult transition from $4M to $5M in revenue, using a strategic marketing plan.
- Worked with the in-house team to direct marketing efforts and delegation.
- Managed vendor relationships, especially SEO and digital marketing agencies.
- Ghost-wrote a book for lead generation, as well as to help promote the brand with credibility, authority, and celebrity appeal for the owners.
- Helped owner to expand from one practice to two
- Expanded brand presence and heightened brand perception
- The practice became the #1 Invisalign provider in the local market
- Engaged owner and ad agencies to organize and integrate efforts
- Helped rewrite control sales letter and beat existing sales copy
- Did comprehensive site analysis and split testing to determine best performing sale page to increase conversions
- Redesigned website and increased sales
- Analyzed and improved checkout process and cart recovery to further increase conversion
- Worked with Conversion Rate Optimization vendor closely to maximize results
- Helped establish the systems for an in-house team to take over
See the full case study here.
Home Services + E-Commerce
- Built two complementary websites to drive local business, combined with e-Commerce in the real estate home staging and furniture sales
See the full case study here.
Maximum Growth in Minimum Time
If your organization has yearly revenue between $500K to 20M, hiring a fractional CMO will allow you to keep capital free to onboard the experienced implementers necessary to accomplish your vision.
Part-Time CMO, Full-Time Results
Hire an experienced CMO. An Outsourced CMO will map your sales and marketing funnels, review your team’s strengths, and provide expert strategies on how you can grow.